Pay-per-click (PPC) marketing is the process of using paid advertising to drive traffic to your website. PPC is a great way for small business owners to get their name out there, build brand awareness, and generate leads. When it comes to PPC management, small businesses often find that there’s a little too much to learn too quickly.
However, paid ads are still one of the most effective ways for you to grow your company and make money! Let’s find out more.
PPC Can Help Your Small Business Grow Quickly
PPC can help your small business grow in a very effective way. While organic business growth is an excellent long-term plan, PPC marketing is one of the fastest ways to get more customers, leads and conversions.
In short, with PPC:
- You only pay when a user clicks on your ad, which assists in filtering out irrelevant traffic.
- Visitors will be targeted by Google Ads’ algorithms based on their online behaviour and interests. For example, if someone searches “best lawn mowers” using Google’s search engine, then sees an ad from Lowe’s appear at the top of their search results page (SERP), chances are good there was some kind of connection between that person’s recent searches and the ad that they were served.
- As opposed to interruptive advertising, PPC ads are only delivered when a user is actively searching for a product or service.
Benefits of PPC Over SEO for Small Businesses
While businesses of any size will benefit from both paid nad organic marketing, small business often need a boost rather than slow growth.
- PPC is more targeted. The specific keywords you’re bidding on will determine who sees your ads and what they see. You can choose the exact geographic location, time of day, or demographic that you want to target.
- PPC is more measurable. How many clicks did your ad get? What was the cost per click? What was your conversion rate? These are all important metrics for measuring the ROI of any campaign—and PPC gives you easy access to these metrics so that you can make informed decisions about future campaigns.
- PPC is more scalable. If you need to find new customers in a hurry and have a limited budget, pay-per-click advertising is an effective way to scale quickly without increasing costs too much. You can outbid competitors on specific keywords, or focus on long-tail searches that may have a lower volume but cost less.
PPC Management Is an Important Skill For Small Businesses to Have In-House
Benefits aside, PPC management is a lot of work! You need to be able to optimize your campaigns and pay attention to the results you’re getting. You also need to constantly tweak your ads, keywords, and bids in order to stay competitive in the search engine results pages (SERPs).
While it’s true that PPC management can seem overwhelming at first, if you set up an effective strategy from the beginning and stick with it over time, it can be a great asset for growing your small business’ revenue stream.
If this is all too much information, perhaps you’re better off outsourcing your paid advertising. PPC management is a large part of a digital marketing campaign, and it’s possible to find the right agency for your PPC campaign management needs.
Before you begin selecting an agency, do your research! You’ll want to check their credentials and references to get a feel for their work style. You should also be clear about your budget, goals, and business model when choosing an agency. These will all help you determine how much money you need to spend on PPC management services.
Simplify PPC Management for Small Business with AI
Did you know that PPC AI software can be a huge help in finding the right keywords and ad copy? These, along with a targeted strategy, are two of the most important factors in determining the success of your campaigns. The same goes for choosing landing pages that provide an ideal user experience.
AI can also help you optimise your campaigns at scale once they’re up and running, which will make it easier to find what works best by quickly identifying changes that lead to higher conversion rates or lower costs per conversion.
Weighing the Costs
PPC is a great way for small businesses to get their products in front of customers with minimal effort, but it can also be intimidating. The good news is that there are many agencies out there who specialise in helping companies like yours succeed on Google and other platforms. If you’re looking to start an ad campaign or just need some pointers on how best to manage your current one, we recommend reaching out to an expert!