If you are looking for a digital marketing agency to help promote your business, it is important to hire one that can provide you with the services that you need. Here are some things that should be considered when hiring a top marketing agency in your city:
Testimonials and A Solid Reputation
Testimonials are your first stop when you’re looking to hire an agency. These can be a good indicator of the quality of their service, and also a good way to see if they value trust and honesty in their business. If there aren’t any testimonials on their website or social media accounts, that may point to a potential problem.
It may seem like common sense that a marketing agency would have testimonials from clients on its website, but it’s surprisingly easy for agencies to fake them. That said, most agencies should have at least some positive comments floating around online about how great their work is—but if not, proceed with caution!
A reputable agency will have no problem giving you information on current or past clients (provided it doesn’t violate any privacy matters) so that you can chat with them if you need to.
Creativity and Innovation
It’s important that your agency is able to think creatively and outside of the box. This means they should be able to generate original ideas as well as find unique solutions to your problems.
The best marketing agencies are innovative, meaning they’re able to come up with new ideas, strategies and campaigns that you may not have thought of yourself. With the online space being so incredibly choked with “new and improved” products and services, you’ll need some lateral thinking to position your business correctly and get your voice heard.
Experience In Your Niche
You want to be sure that the agency has experience in your market. You don’t want to hire an agency that is new to the scene and doesn’t understand how things work in your niche or city. The last thing you want is for them to waste time trying to figure out how things work when they should be doing what they do best (which is helping you).
How can you tell if an agency has experience in your market?
Ask for examples of their past clients with companies like yours. If they don’t have any, it could mean:
- They don’t have much experience working with similar businesses
- They are just not willing to share information about their past clients because they aren’t proud of their previous work
- Or both!
While the marketing rules are roughly the same for most businesses, some industries need special attention. For example, online gaming, financial services, and healthcare need a delicate hand.
Communication skills are key to any relationship, and they’re even more important in business relationships. When you work with an agency, communication is the foundation of your partnership. You need to be able to talk about what you want and explain your goals clearly so that the marketing team can deliver on them. If you have strong communication skills, your agency will naturally understand what you need; if not, it could lead to problems later on down the road as both parties struggle to figure out where things went wrong.
Poor communication may be obvious when it happens (your marketing team doesn’t answer emails), but there are also less obvious signs that can indicate poor communication between client and agency:
- Lack of updates from your agency (They don’t tell you how things are going)
- Unclear reports (There’s no way for you or anyone else at your company to make sense of these reports).
Efficient Tracking And Reporting Methods
A good marketing agency will offer you regular tracking and reporting on your campaigns. Tracking is the ability to see how your campaign is performing. Reporting is when the tracking information is presented in a clear and concise manner. The actual tracking can be done in a number of ways, but most agencies use dedicated analytics software. It will allow them to track things like page views, clicks, social media followers/likes/shares, etc.
Reporting should be easy to understand for the layman. But also include enough detail for someone who really wants to get into it.
The key point here is that efficient tracking and reporting methods allow you, as an advertiser or business owner, to properly manage your budget. It allows you access to real-time information about what’s working with your campaign and what isn’t working so well. This gives you confidence in knowing when adjustments should be made or where more focus needs to be applied to achieve maximum results.
If you are looking for a top marketing agency to help promote your business, hire one that can provide you with the services you need.
Some of the important factors to focus on when looking for a top marketing agency in your city are:
- Investigate their reputation. This means looking at the reviews and testimonials that they have received from previous clients, as well as checking out their social media accounts to see what people are saying about them.
- Creativity, experience and expertise in your industry. A good way of determining this is by looking at the types of campaigns they have done for other businesses in similar industries as yours. They should be able to show you examples of their work and tell you how they executed each one successfully so that you can see if it would be something worth trying out with your own business.
- The communication skills of any potential agency could also make or break your partnership with them. There will likely be many questions along the way when working together on different projects, such as developing strategies or campaigns; therefore, hiring an agency that communicates effectively will help ensure smooth sailing through these processes without any unnecessary delays!
- Efficient and clear tracking methods that highlight the good, the bad and the ugly.
You should be able to make an informed decision about which marketing agency is right for your business. Remember that it is important to find a company that has experience working with businesses in your industry. One that understands the unique challenges that are faced by businesses like yours today.
Clicktrain is in the process of building a global digital marketing agency directory that solves all of the above challenges in one transparent, user-friendly app. This platform scans and benchmarks PPC agencies on behalf of brands, and highlights the best matches in your region.